Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Thesis topic - Mass customization of architecture and investigation of the principles for bento box

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Oreo on February 16, 2004 at 11:59:25:

Hi,

I will be working on my thesis this coming September and I am currently working on my thesis proposal. After getting feedbacks from some of the professor on my first draft, I am getting more confuse than before.
I have always been a very practical person and not very strong with developing "Concept" and/or "theory" From the feedbacks, I think they are looking for something with more conceptually based or theory based thesis.

My preliminary thoughts were to create a mobile modular type housing units that evolve with people as they go through different phases in life.......

Now it is sort of shifted a little.

I am thinking about investigating the idea of "architecture as a product" creating architecture is mass customized (mass production with customization to individual needs) Also I am investigating the idea of using the principle of the bento box (Japanese lunch box) to create something. The "something" is what I am unsure of right now. Originally i want to work on a housing project but after discussion with professors, it might ended up not be a housing project but i am not sure what yet.

Somehow I feel that the above might not be enough or in another word not a strong thesis proposal. I am debating about the investigation of the issue with branding or globalization and architecture.

I am wondering if anyone might have any thoughts, suggestions, comments??

Thanks,
Oreo

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/33365.html