Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Architecture in China

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Devi on February 21, 2004 at 00:40:30:

As you all know China is booming right now. With the 2008 Olympic coming, many famous architect such as Rem Koolhass, Herzog de Meuron had been invited to design stadium and buildings in China. However when i read the a+u Dec. 2003 issue and look at their designs. I feel they were shit. It is one of the worst architecture i have ever seen. Those buildings do not reflect China or Chinese culture at all. Especially the National Grand Theatre by Paul Andreu. What does a bird nest have to do with China biggest stadium and chinese culture. What the hell is wrong with Rem Koolhass when he designed the CCTV in china. It was an ugly project. It seems like they have use China money for their own theory testing ground. The whole china project was like an experiement to them. Those buildings do not have any meaning to China at all . It doesn't reflect any significant to the chinese history or surroundings. Those building can be put anywhere else in the world and their won't be any difference to it. Is this what a Master Architect telling us to do. Is this what is good enough to get the highest honor in Architecture? I may be naive and stupid and dont know what i am talking about. Therefore i am writing here to try to learn from all you expert to see what you think and feel. I want to learn. You can tell me i dont know nothing but I really want to see how other feels about these projects.

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/33475.html