Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: waterproofing garage conversion...

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  li arch on February 25, 2004 at 16:26:55:

In Reply to:  Re: waterproofing garage conversion... posted by Clay on February 25, 2004 at 11:08:37:

i am sorry, you misunderstood...the existing garage slab is on grade, but they want to convert the garage into a living space that is flush with the finished floor of the house. so my new floor joists (in the garage) are going to be about three feet above the garage slab on grade.

so my question was: when i fill in the existing garage door opening (i was planning on blocking it up to match the height of the rest of the foundation around the house), how can i seal the joint between the existing slab and the new block to best keep water from seeping under the new block?

i was thinking that i could run flasing from the interior top of the cmu (under the new sill plate), down the exterior side of the cmu until it reaches the slab at grade....but what is the best way to end it at grade?

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/33616.html