Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: hospitals

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  nadine on March 12, 2004 at 18:34:36:

In Reply to:  Re: hospitals posted by Richard Haut on March 12, 2004 at 00:51:45:

As I keep telling you Richard, I am a designer not a politician. If you blame governments for everything you can or cannot do, which is not very positive, you will never achieve anything. Fight them by all means, but blame I find, is a fairly negative action which only reaps further negative action as you admit.

In any case, the UK government is only part of the problem, health unions and the politics involved create a difficult structure from which to progress.
Also, the medical training schools themselves need to change their current attitude of not being in the business of 'touchy feely' caring. Health is not just about clinical intervention. Medical training should see people as sensitive humans not biological case studies which which to further conduct experiment.

Getting caught up in the politics or blaming the politics is purely unproductive. It's always better to work around them.

We once offered schools in the UK a children's free imagination and design competition. The best out of all categories would win free art materials for their class.
This was especially close to my heart because I think children do not get their imagination stretched at all these days. We were in a position to make a contribution so we did.
What happened?

Headteachers refused because we weren't teachers and of course we all know the politics centering around this particular issue. Teachers complain about overwork and low pay but when help is offered it is refused so they can continue to argue. Poor kids, what happened to them being central to any education programme?

In the end, we added the competition to our site, bypassed the education department and offered it straight the parents and children with the winners receiving free art materials for themselves.
We avoided the politics and got the job done which was the aim.

Apart from that Richard, I no longer live in the UK, I am in Australia but the politics are just the same.

The trouble is of course that it doesn't matter who you vote for, the government always get in :-)

Nadine

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/34200.html