Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: hospitals

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  nadine on March 13, 2004 at 01:00:16:

In Reply to:  Re: hospitals posted by Richard Haut on March 13, 2004 at 00:29:55:

Richard, if you're an architect and a fan of design/architectural history, you will know that architecture design was never something that belonged to the freedom and spirit of the architect.
Much like the Church controlled architectural design after the fall of the Roman Empire, architectural design these days is controlled by all kinds of politicians and departments, not just governmental.
So what are you going to do about it? Sit and complain to anyone who will listen?
Do you know the politics behind the building of Sydney Opera House???

It almost failed but it succeeded as a result of someone having the vision to complete a unique project that would differ from anything else in the world. That's why the Gold Coast, where I now live, is building the tallest residential tower block in the world. No politics involved, just a different vision with a different outlook and a case of how you sell an idea to a willing audience.

You sound frustrated and embittered in your posts. I guess you find yourself hitting a lot of brick walls. That's why I chose interior design instead of architecture. There are no politics in my profession. Total freedom.

Nadine

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/34204.html