Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Architecture + Psychology

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  michelle on March 23, 2004 at 18:09:57:

In Reply to:  Re: Architecture + Psychology posted by neill on March 21, 2004 at 20:18:34:

yeah neill that is an interesting article, but the emphasis is on long and kind of monotone.
-I personally love architecture and psychology and Iam forevr looking for connections between those two topics. Personally- I think that there are many connections. A numerous amount of things factor into the demeanor of a building-color, texture, size, techniques and the overall mood of they building, basically the sole reason why that buiding was created in the first place. Each building has a purpose, there is a reason behind every building. Every architect has to convey something. There was a quote i think it was something like -"architecture is the art of wasting space". Thats obviously true in a funny sense but every building has an unwritten code to with it was created by. Its the enigmatic source that defines buildings. Thats why we can tell insinctively when a cathedral was made during the Renaissance or during the Dark Ages. Thats why you feel different from when you walk into a school to when to step into a church to when you step into a business building. Each of these buildings emit different energy levels. Color plays a major effect on the mood of the building. Red in a building gives a more powerul strong feeling than a shade of pink, which is more delicate. One building that plays against all colors is the majestic Taj Mahal. IN the morning the Taj is a yellowis orange color, then in the afternoon the building reflects the blue sky and the clear air around it, during the sunset the building shows pink and blends in rich tones of orange and red. Then after the sun sets the building reflects a deep purple and blue. The building is able to do this because it is a pure white but more importantly because of its shape are we able to see the major effects of light and shadow. The color plays off into our subconscious minds and we react to the building by the energy it emits to us.
Anyway i hope you gain something from me saying this- good luck on your paper.

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/34556.html