Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Providing Door & Hardware quantities to bidders . . .

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Donald on March 25, 2004 at 08:13:05:

In Reply to:  Re: Providing Door & Hardware quantities to bidders . . . posted by Ken Carman on March 25, 2004 at 04:29:19:

You write like the sub promoting hardware drawing improvements:
YOU Wrote:
Are you suggesting that programs like Auto/Desktop are designed so that any "Monkey" can create architectural documents.

Not the way I read it...but turning my words around seems obvious given the source.

YOU Wrote:
Why should architects benefit from the advances in technology while those who depend on the documents they produce are forced to painstakingly count items by hand that are essentially already "counted" simply by the creation of the door schedule by the architect.

Yes, architects complete the door schedule, the beneficiary is the sub who can count doors...seems OK to me. If a sub wants to benefit his work by recommending to the architect how to produce a door schedule differently, then prove it and provide the program to architects across the board.

YOU Wrote:
Is it so foolish to discuss a process that reduces (what can be) 200 combined hours of work to a mere 30 minutes of work especially when the results are far more accurate?

Yes, agreed...so provide us with the proof of the pudding. I am willing to try it as are most others I assume.

YOU Wrote:
Isn't the creation of a floor plan much faster and simpler with Auto/Desktop than creating it on paper by hand?

Not really. I can produce 50% of the documents hand drawn faster than an AutoDesk user can.

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/34591.html