Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - help me w/ my grad school decision...CCA OK?

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  bobby on March 25, 2004 at 13:06:24:

y'all,
i have been accepted at these schools for the MArch pgm, 1st prof. degree:

UCLA
SCI-ARC
Cal College of Arts (and formerly of Crafts)
CSU Pomona

I live in SAn Francisco and so does my wife who's in school too. if i go to CCA i can stay here, but it is their 1st year offering the MArch and so i'm wondering if this means it has major negative recognition points against it. its also kind of spendy.

all the other places are in LA and so my question is this:

is the recognition of SCI-ARC/UCLA over the recognition of CCA's new program worth disrupting my family life and leaving a town i like for? If i go to LA then the mrs stays in SF for a year and then moves to LA to start her career all over. it would be a major hassle, but if the difference were tangible, we're open to the sacrifice.

i know that for the most part it's not where you go but what you can do that makes people respect and want to hire you down the road, but this is the program's 1st year of existence, which seems to me like a special circumstance.

please advise.
thanks.

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Please follow up at our  Architecture Students Forum

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/34602.html