Artifice 
  3D Design 
  Community 
  Discussion

Message - Re: UPDATE: Importing into Artlantis from DW

Follow Ups | Post Followup | DesignWorkshop Forum | Great Buildings Forum    

Posted by  Brian Jelgerhuis on January 24, 2001 at 11:15:05:

In Reply to:  Re: UPDATE: Importing into Artlantis from DW posted by GaryV on January 23, 2001 at 12:47:47:

Hi Kevin,
On the subject of renderers & modelers I would love to see DW incorporate a renderer like Artlantis right into the modeling program.
DW is unique in some of its modeling capabilities. Space Jump (rightfully patented) contributes greatly to the ability to recognize where you are in 3D space. This accuracy is marred however by the inability to accurately view what you have just modelled. As soon as a model has any angles or layered objects the rendered view and the QuickDraw 3D view contain major artifacts and inaccuracies.
The view should be accurate and dynamic (in real time). It can't be something you view later when you have the time to move the model back and forth to a third-party renderer. The model needs to be accurately displayed during the modeling process.
Being able to develop the model and the rendering as you work would be extremely benificial. With a separte renderer, whenever a change is made in the model the rendering has to be thrown away, the model changed, and a new rendering started. This is cumbersome and time-consuming.
For DWs own financial sake and for the benefit of its users I suggest not getting caught up in the idea that this is just a modeling program and let others develop the renderer this is a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) issue. A revolutionary idea way back when with the advent of graphical user interfaces. DW is revolutionary but I think to remain viable it needs to address the issue of incorporating rendering and modeling.

Follow Up Messages:

Post a Follow Up Message -

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

DesignWorkshop Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum | Scrapbook | E-Design Forum | ArchitectureWeek

Artifice, Inc. ...the way of architecture.

Home | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Great Buildings | RenderCity | Free 3D | Gallery | Support | Search | Index
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/forum/5787.html