Artifice 
  3D Design 
  Community 
  Discussion

Message - I could use some advice on keeping my models organized

Follow Ups | Post Followup | DesignWorkshop Forum | Great Buildings Forum    

Posted by  Andrea S. on January 30, 2001 at 08:38:56:

I just finished modeling a large building where my client needed two views, meaning I had to do the whole building, not just two sides. I started out organized in phases, but by the time I was finished and they made changes the file was about 2.5mg, a mess and slow to work with. I'm hoping to get some tips to avoid this trouble next time.

When I first built the model I was careful to keep things in phases (windows and frames, structure, etc.) and this made it easy to hide what I wasn't working on. As time went on and they started making changes, I started grouping things to move them, which in turn brought them into the same phase. I don't know - maybe there is a better way to do this. It would be very helpful to hear how others work around this type of problem.

Also - I had a lot of trouble with my selection tool from time to time - I could not select an object until I changed views or zoomed out, or hid everything else around the object. Anyone know what's up with that? It can get frustrating.

And speaking of the selection tool - would it be possible for a future version of dw to include a keyboard shortcut for it (i.e. ctrl like photoshop) and for zooming in and out (i.e. ctrl + or -)

Thanks in advance for any help. I'll post the finished rendering.

Andrea

Follow Up Messages:

Post a Follow Up Message -

This is a discussion forum archive page.

For continuing discussion, please visit our updated Open 3D CAD Forum.

DesignWorkshop Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum | Scrapbook | E-Design Forum | ArchitectureWeek

Artifice, Inc. ...the way of architecture.

Home | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Great Buildings | RenderCity | Free 3D | Gallery | Support | Search | Index
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/forum/5811.html