Artifice 
  3D Design 
  Community 
  Discussion

Message - speaking of application problems...

Follow Ups | Post Followup | DesignWorkshop Forum | Great Buildings Forum    

Posted by  Andrea S on January 30, 2001 at 13:41:51:

In Reply to:  Re: export to artlantis posted by GaryV on January 30, 2001 at 13:11:11:

Gary -
I have also had problems in the past with crashing when rotating an object - that seems to have passed but I still save before I use the trim tool - it has crashed on me many, many times. Also, when I rotate, I seem to loose the ability to use my "undo" until I restart the application. Very annoying.

Anyway - I will check that disk for export options in the next day or two and get back with you. One thing though -I tried to do the landscape for a house using plants and trees from the machine and from downloaded dxf files (3dcafe.com). It made the file very slow and cumbersome to work with. The same held true when I tried it with dxf people on another project. My computer seems fast but its not when dealing with these files. It made me realize why, when seen on tv, companies like Disney and Pixar have a wall full of computer power to produce animation.

Andrea

Follow Up Messages:

Post a Follow Up Message -

This is a discussion forum archive page.

For continuing discussion, please visit our updated Open 3D CAD Forum.

DesignWorkshop Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum | Scrapbook | E-Design Forum | ArchitectureWeek

Artifice, Inc. ...the way of architecture.

Home | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Great Buildings | RenderCity | Free 3D | Gallery | Support | Search | Index
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/forum/5815.html