Artifice 
  3D Design 
  Community 
  Discussion

Message - Re: I could use some advice on keeping my models organized

Follow Ups | Post Followup | DesignWorkshop Forum | Great Buildings Forum    

Posted by  Andrea on February 01, 2001 at 07:07:37:

In Reply to:  Re: I could use some advice on keeping my models organized posted by Jeff on January 30, 2001 at 14:14:49:

Jeff -

Ditto on the openings problem. A couple of more annoying quirks - I frequently loose the ability to use the scroll bars and sometimes my models will suddenly appear elongated on one axis no matter what view I'm in until I restart the application. Hopefully the upgrade will take care of some of these problems?

As for importing into Artlantis, I've been using the DXF from lights and textures (probably from your recomendation) - I haven't had any trouble so I've never tried the 3dmf.

On the textures issue - for the last group of renderings I did for a home show I used digital photos of the actual brick used on the houses to make my textures. It took a lot of experimenting to figeure out scale, get things to tile right and do rowlocks, but once I did one I had that for a template. Now that I have Artlantis I hope I won't have to make too many adjustments, but I haven't had a chance to experiment yet.

Andrea

Follow Up Messages:

Post a Follow Up Message -

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

DesignWorkshop Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum | Scrapbook | E-Design Forum | ArchitectureWeek

Artifice, Inc. ...the way of architecture.

Home | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Great Buildings | RenderCity | Free 3D | Gallery | Support | Search | Index
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/forum/5822.html