Artifice 
  3D Design 
  Community 
  Discussion

Message - Artlantis - Alpha channel

Follow Ups | Post Followup | DesignWorkshop Forum | Great Buildings Forum    

Posted by  Jeff on February 01, 2001 at 12:48:58:

I now render-out all of my Artlantis images as *.tag files with the "Alpha channel" selected. The "Alpha channel" creats a perfect 'mask' around the model, even with Antialiasing. If I need to make a revision in the Model: I make the revision in DW, I add the revision to my Artlantis file, I re-render the image with the exact settings I used originally, and now I can quickly pop it right into the finished rendering. Not loosing a beat with the background and or landscaping objects I've already included in the rendering. I'm not sure which other formats support the "Alpha channel", but it sure save a load of time. The "Alpha channel" ignores any background that you have placed in Artlantis, so making background changes in your finishing software is a breeze.

Follow Up Messages:

Post a Follow Up Message -

This is a discussion forum archive page.

For continuing discussion, please visit our updated Open 3D CAD Forum.

DesignWorkshop Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum | Scrapbook | E-Design Forum | ArchitectureWeek

Artifice, Inc. ...the way of architecture.

Home | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Great Buildings | RenderCity | Free 3D | Gallery | Support | Search | Index
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/forum/5826.html