Artifice 
  3D Design 
  Community 
  Discussion

Message - Re: 12 and 0.0833333 default DW settings

Follow Ups | Post Followup | DesignWorkshop Forum | Great Buildings Forum    

Posted by  Jeff on February 01, 2001 at 20:06:26:

In Reply to:  Re: 12 and 0.0833333 default DW settings posted by GaryV on February 01, 2001 at 16:01:45:

Gary,

First, I would welcome input and/or confirmation from DW on these issues. I'd bet that your DW is actually doing the same thing; that is: Importing DXF's at a 0.0833333 (1/12) scale factor and Exporting DXF's at a 12 scale factor. I wouldn't know how the MAC version accomplishes the task, however.

Well, I told you a could change the Import setting back. I already have. I just recieved a large DWG file. I created a DXF from it. Upon import either DWG or DXF into DW, the Import Scale Factor needed to be 0.0833333 (1/12). Some of us just learn the hard way... I am leaving the Export Scale Factor at 30.48 for now.

Gary, you just need to make sure that the Scale Factor you select in Artlantis is 2.54 when you open a DXF. That will do it!

Follow Up Messages:

Post a Follow Up Message -

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

DesignWorkshop Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum | Scrapbook | E-Design Forum | ArchitectureWeek

Artifice, Inc. ...the way of architecture.

Home | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Great Buildings | RenderCity | Free 3D | Gallery | Support | Search | Index
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/forum/5835.html