Artifice 
  3D Design 
  Community 
  Discussion

Message - Got RAM ?

Follow Ups | Post Followup | DesignWorkshop Forum | Great Buildings Forum    

Posted by  Brian Jelgerhuis on February 07, 2001 at 14:38:19:

Got RAM ?
There was some earlier discussion about crashing problems when creating a triangulated DXF file.
RAM may be an issue.
When Lights & Textures (QuickDraw) is opened the RAM used does not come from the DW allotment of RAM. QuickDraw uses available System RAM.
When I open a complex model in the L&T QuickDraw window with the intention of creating a DXF I first make a lot of RAM available for QuickDraw. I do this by turning on Virtual Memory and setting the RAM to approx 900 MB. I allot approx half of this to DW. The other half is then available to QuickDraw.
I have also discovered that turning File Sharing off greatly influences the amount of time required for the DXF to be generated.
Temporarily disabling the screen saver is prudent also.
Itís great to see all the info and discussion about DW and Artlantis.
Thanks,
Brian

Follow Up Messages:

Post a Follow Up Message -

This is a discussion forum archive page.

For continuing discussion, please visit our updated Open 3D CAD Forum.

DesignWorkshop Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum | Scrapbook | E-Design Forum | ArchitectureWeek

Artifice, Inc. ...the way of architecture.

Home | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Great Buildings | RenderCity | Free 3D | Gallery | Support | Search | Index
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/forum/5847.html