Artifice 
  3D Design 
  Community 
  Discussion

Message - Re: Disappointing Discovery

Follow Ups | Post Followup | DesignWorkshop Forum | Great Buildings Forum    

Posted by  Jeff on February 07, 2001 at 16:06:19:

In Reply to:  Disappointing Discovery posted by Brian Jelgerhuis on February 07, 2001 at 14:34:52:

Brian,

Your guess is corect, that you can merge files together in Artlantis on the PC platform. However, I don't read anything that would say that you can't on a MAC too. I live by that feature. If any little change caused a total re-do...I couldn't use the program. Here is a quick example:

You have modeled a home in DW; you go to L & T; you export it as a DXF file; now you open the file in Arltantis; you're almost done rendering the model when the designer calls and tells you that they want to replace the livingroom window with a bay window design option. Aaahhhhhh!!!! It's OK... Save your work in Artlantis and go back to DW. Make the neccessary changes to the Model, making a mental note of what objects you have changed; save your work in DW; now HIDE everything except the new or revised items (i.e. the Bay Window and Wall); go to L & T; export it as a DXF file (i.e. baywindo.dxf); now open your original Artlantis file; you have to first get rid of what you are not going to need... here's how: go to 'Windows/Reapply material'; now Create a new material and call it "Delete" or "Old Window"; select all the objects that you are not going to need after you add your new window design; click on 'Reapply'; exit out of the Reapply window; now go to 'Windows/Display material list'; select the "Delete" or "Old Window" you created just a moment ago; and remove the 'x' or dot, by clicking on it, to make that Material invisible the next time your preview image is recalculated. When you go back you will see that all of the old parts aren't there anymore! Now, while you still have this file open, open up your new (i.e baywindo.dxf) bay window's file; the window will show up in the exact spot you created it in in DW. Now all you have to do is re-render just the new window (or re-apply parts of it with similar objects). You can do that over, and over, and over, and over, and .... Are you sure you can't do that on a MAC? I'm pretty sure you should be able to! I have included a link that covers that in the Abvent web site too.

Good Luck!

Jeff

Follow Up Messages:

Post a Follow Up Message -

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

DesignWorkshop Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum | Scrapbook | E-Design Forum | ArchitectureWeek

Artifice, Inc. ...the way of architecture.

Home | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Great Buildings | RenderCity | Free 3D | Gallery | Support | Search | Index
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/forum/5848.html