Artifice 
  DesignWorkshop 
  3D Design 
  Discussion

Message - Re: A love/hate relationship with DW

Follow Ups | Post Followup | DesignWorkshop Forum | Great Buildings Forum    

Posted by  Peter B on February 21, 2001 at 19:20:53:

In Reply to:  Re: A love/hate relationship with DW posted by Kevin Matthews on February 19, 2001 at 23:26:30:

"We are listening and cataloging all your comments and suggestions. And we are looking forward to the day when we can make you very happy all over again."

Kevin,

May I remind you of our past discussions.

More plan-based evolution techniques.
..... the Massing/Sculptural approach is a great visioning and learning tool. More often than not our work on small projects proceeds:

Program & Site
Parking
Plan
Elevation.

(form follows parking).. No really, the oft-denigrated 'plan-driven" design is what makes spaces the client can use. I've looked at your concepts for 3d bubble diagragms, but I am thinking more what can we bring in from PowerCADD in plan and how fast can we explode it out in 3d.

More parametric placement of architectural elements like roofs and windows.

(Is there a technique similar to Move points in PowerCADD. I had to shorten a building model and couldn't see an easy way to it with all the raked walls, openings etc. In the 2d elevations we would just circle and stretch.)

Thanks,

(How was Maui?)

Peter

Follow Up Messages:

Post a Follow Up Message -

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

DesignWorkshop Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum | Scrapbook | E-Design Forum | ArchitectureWeek

Artifice, Inc. ...the way of architecture.

Home | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Great Buildings | RenderCity | Free 3D | Gallery | Support | Search | Index
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/forum/5905.html