Artifice 
  DesignWorkshop 
  3D Design 
  Discussion

Message - lights in Art*lantis

Follow Ups | Post Followup | DesignWorkshop Forum | Great Buildings Forum    

Posted by  Steve C. on February 22, 2001 at 06:01:28:

I am currently working on compiling a walkthrough of my model house with Art*lantis. However, I am having an insurmountable problem with the lights. For most of the lights in the house, the rays travel right through the walls. Therefore, when I turn up the power of a bedroom light on the 2nd floor, the light goes right through the floor and makes the kitchen on the first floor exceptionally bright. When the effects of all the lights are combined, the whole house becomes entirely too bright.

Why is the light traveling right through the walls and ceilings? They are certainly not transparent; the floor and walls are chrome, with the exception that the top face of the second floor slab has a rug texture assigned to it. I've tinkered with ambience and Max. Light Distance; I've tried changing the material assigned to the walls and floors.

I'm desperate for advice! I can't continue my walk-through until the lights are working correctly.

--Thanks.
Steve C.

Follow Up Messages:

Post a Follow Up Message -

This is a discussion forum archive page.

For continuing discussion, please visit our updated Open 3D CAD Forum.

DesignWorkshop Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum | Scrapbook | E-Design Forum | ArchitectureWeek

Artifice, Inc. ...the way of architecture.

Home | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Great Buildings | RenderCity | Free 3D | Gallery | Support | Search | Index
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/forum/5917.html