Artifice 
  DesignWorkshop 
  3D Design 
  Discussion

Message - Re: Clarification on Artifice relationship Artlantis program

Follow Ups | Post Followup | DesignWorkshop Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum

Posted by  Kevin Matthews on February 28, 2001 at 23:42:22:

In Reply to:  Re: Clearification on Artifice relationship Artlantis program posted by Jeff on February 28, 2001 at 12:56:19:

I'm happy to try to clarify this. I don't think I can tell you the whole story tonight, so I'll try to hit the essence...

Artifice is an Artlantis reseller. Our relationship with _Abvent_ does not require us to support Artlantis after we sell it. HOWEVER, we feel that our relationship with _you_, our clients and customers, does.

And of course many of our Artlantis customers are also DesignWorkshop owners, who we're inherently committed to supporting on both sides of this equation.

Unfortunately, our commitment and ability to support Artlantis does not extend to modifications of the program. At that level, users need to take their story to Abvent directly.

In particular, based on experience I think it will be much, much more effective for you to take any requests for feature improvements or bug fixes directly to Abvent. We can help you make sure that your perspective is technically accurate, and even that it makes sense in terms of the product evolution paths we envision. but it will not be effective to interpose us as the messenger.

I could wish it were different, but the fact is your well-informed and clearly stated comments to Abvent will have a lot more impact than anything Artifice can do there on your behalf.

How many forum participants think a separate Artlantis forum would be helpful? My sense is that the ongoing Artlantis conversation can still be handled comfortably here in the DesignWorkshop Forum. But if people feel otherwise, I'd be very glad to know about it.

Thanks,

Kevin

Follow Up Messages:

Post a Follow Up Message -

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

DesignWorkshop Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum | Scrapbook | E-Design Forum | ArchitectureWeek

Artifice, Inc. ...the way of architecture.

Home | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Great Buildings | RenderCity | Free 3D | Gallery | Support | Search | Index
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/forum/5968.html