Artifice 
  DesignWorkshop 
  3D Design 
  Discussion

Message - Re: 3DMF response from Abvent

Follow Ups | DesignWorkshop 3D CAD Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum

Posted by  Jacques Pochoy on March 10, 2001 at 01:42:39:

In Reply to:  Re: 3DMF response from Abvent posted by Gary V on March 09, 2001 at 13:49:58:

Yep Gary, I'll buy the Pop Corn...:-)
I don't have Artlantis, but we do use it in our school... And of course, I've been knowing those big shots at Abvent quite a long time ! In the beginning of Zoom we did try to get some user feed back (there was even a 2D project, PCadd style)... but then it's a case where the client is never right and should never try to do weird things with the software ... The Alfred's antithesis...:-)

Every now and then, I try to get a small 3D object through most major Mac 3D softwares... As you can imagine easily, the complete data (shape,groups, textures, lights) never get through.
In fact, 3DMF IS one of the best export/inport format;. And I suppose it'll be better even with the coming of Quesa..:-)

I'm still dreaming of a good 2D export/Import file format that we could refer to (dwg is not really nice)! I just hope that the Quesa bunch have held some provisions for that...

Jacques

Follow Up Messages:

Post a Follow Up Message -

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

DesignWorkshop Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum | Scrapbook | E-Design Forum | ArchitectureWeek

Artifice, Inc. ...the way of architecture.

Home | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Great Buildings | RenderCity | Free 3D | Gallery | Support | Search | Index
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/forum/6002.html