Artifice 
  DesignWorkshop 
  3D Design 
  Discussion

Message - new user - hip roof advice

Follow Ups | DesignWorkshop 3D CAD Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum

Posted by  patrick m on March 13, 2001 at 13:01:29:

I am a new DW Classic user, creating my first architectural model.

My building has a complicated hip roof.

I was thinking I would break down the roof in to rectangular shapes in PowerCadd, dxf them into DW, extrude them to the ridge height, then 'reshape' the vertical sides in towards the middle of the object to create the ridge and hips.

The problem I am having is that the extruded rectangular mass appears to have too many vertices. When I fold the sides in, there is a vertical plane left that corresponds to the orginal location of one of the sides of the rectangular mass, and the resulting mass is some incorrect complex shape.

I thought that maybe the imported dxf rectangle was corrupt or bogus, so I tried a PowerCadd polygon and four PowerCadd attached lines, each causing a similar problem.

Any tips on making a hip roof?

thanks,

patrick marr

Follow Up Messages:

Post a Follow Up Message -

This is a discussion forum archive page.

For continuing discussion, please visit our updated Open 3D CAD Forum.

DesignWorkshop Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum | Scrapbook | E-Design Forum | ArchitectureWeek

Artifice, Inc. ...the way of architecture.

Home | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Great Buildings | RenderCity | Free 3D | Gallery | Support | Search | Index
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/forum/6021.html