Artifice 
  DesignWorkshop 
  3D Design 
  Discussion

Message - Re: new user - hip roof advice

Follow Ups | DesignWorkshop 3D CAD Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum

Posted by  patrick m on March 14, 2001 at 18:10:36:

In Reply to:  Re: new user - hip roof advice posted by Bob Sprague on March 13, 2001 at 14:23:26:

Bob, I tried emailing you directly, but the email bounced. Here is the email. (Anyone else that wants to help me out is welcome, too!)

Thanks for the help, but I am afraid I don't really understand what you mean! :)

For starters, I would like to create a simple hipped roof for a rectangular building, just to figure out how to do it. I finally was able to create a horizontal roof plane, extrude it to roof structure thickness, rotate in from horizontal to proper roof pitch, duplicate it and flip it to form the opposite roof plane. Then I get stuck...

What I can't figure out is how to make the roof hipped. If I duplicate one of these two roof planes, then rotate it 90 degrees in plan, it is all set up to create one of the remaining two roof planes. I can't figure out how to trim two intersecting roof plans where they form the hip.

If you understand this, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks a million!

patrick marr
patrickmarraiape@earthlink.net

Follow Up Messages:

Post a Follow Up Message -

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

DesignWorkshop Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum | Scrapbook | E-Design Forum | ArchitectureWeek

Artifice, Inc. ...the way of architecture.

Home | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Great Buildings | RenderCity | Free 3D | Gallery | Support | Search | Index
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/forum/6030.html