Artifice 
  DesignWorkshop 
  3D Design 
  Discussion

Message - Re: Changing file names.

Follow Ups | DesignWorkshop 3D CAD Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum

Posted by  Chuck on March 15, 2001 at 13:31:43:

In Reply to:  Re: Changing file names. posted by GaryV on March 13, 2001 at 09:45:39:

Re: "I probably should change this right away but my nature is to learn from mistakes. Things are running better since the memory increase. I'm going to wait until a
difficulty develops to make the memory change to experience how things run differently.

I don't understand what you mean by keeping Virtual Memory at the lowest convienent level. How do I tell?

Chuck, the memory you turned up was the allocation of application memory. That is, how much RAM is used by the application. You are seeing the benefits of memory that the application truely needs to be effective and this is independent of what you do or don 't do with VM.

Virtual Memory is memory used as RAM hat is "borrowed" from the hard drive. I believe you have done so in that I seem to recall your VM was on, set 1MB over actual RAM. This will allow you to take advantage of the benefits Kevin mentioned."

I went back to adjust my minimum maximum memory settings the same. Whaddya know!.....They were! The machine did it not me.

Regardless, things are running better now. Every time I post a resolution to one problem....another develops. I wonder what it will be this time?

Chuck:)

This is a discussion forum archive page.

For continuing discussion, please visit our updated Open 3D CAD Forum.

DesignWorkshop Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum | Scrapbook | E-Design Forum | ArchitectureWeek

Artifice, Inc. ...the way of architecture.

Home | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Great Buildings | RenderCity | Free 3D | Gallery | Support | Search | Index
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/forum/6038.html