Artifice 
  DesignWorkshop 
  3D Design 
  Discussion

Message - DXF to DW -- Would like to try it.....

Follow Ups | DesignWorkshop 3D CAD Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum

Posted by  Peter B on March 20, 2001 at 07:22:24:

Dear DWers,

I do not get any import from a DXF from PowerCADD. The DXF files open fine in PowerCADD again. Nothing happens when I try to import to DW. I use PICT transfer instead.

Seems like every other time I try to make a sloped shape the block acts unpredicatably, looking empty at times. Are these shapes fixed up by the repair machine--how to avoid it? This is the hardest part of working with DW for me: Making roof shapes. I feel like I'm back in the stone age, guessing at the slope of a crude block and trying to get it into position. (How come no one in 3d or 2d drafting programs think you want to align objects to touch or rest on one another--as in laying a stone on another? Such tools are usually absent.)

Peter

Follow Up Messages:

Post a Follow Up Message -

This is a discussion forum archive page.

For continuing discussion, please visit our updated Open 3D CAD Forum.

DesignWorkshop Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum | Scrapbook | E-Design Forum | ArchitectureWeek

Artifice, Inc. ...the way of architecture.

Home | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Great Buildings | RenderCity | Free 3D | Gallery | Support | Search | Index
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/forum/6054.html