Artifice 
  DesignWorkshop 
  3D Design 
  Discussion

Message - Photo views

Follow Ups | DesignWorkshop 3D CAD Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum

Posted by  Peter B on March 21, 2001 at 06:25:05:

I was trying to adjust a view of a model in DW to a photo (a tedious process given that you can't see the photo without lights and textures)

It seems I could not get anywhere near the view without zooming in. First I had to approximate the view at 100 percent then zoom an area (can one input the perecent zoom?) to get something like the photo. It further occured to me that this is dependant on the lens of the camera.

Does that make sense? Wouldn't certain zooms of a view be related to types of lenses. Can this be quantified or built into the program? Also ways to orient the photo-- a way to move a transparent photo image over a model rather than be forced to place it behind. The two can joined in some other process-- but to position the view you need to be in the modeling program.

Working over photos could be a great tool if it were easier. It can be time consuming. This could be invaluable study tool if you could with a known photo position and equipment accurately and quickly obtain the same view in the model.

Peter

Follow Up Messages:

Post a Follow Up Message -

This is a discussion forum archive page.

For continuing discussion, please visit our updated Open 3D CAD Forum.

DesignWorkshop Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum | Scrapbook | E-Design Forum | ArchitectureWeek

Artifice, Inc. ...the way of architecture.

Home | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Great Buildings | RenderCity | Free 3D | Gallery | Support | Search | Index
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/forum/6066.html