Artifice 
  DesignWorkshop 
  3D Design 
  Discussion

Message - Re: double-rotation blues

Follow Ups | DesignWorkshop 3D CAD Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum

Posted by  Jeff on March 22, 2001 at 07:23:46:

In Reply to:  double-rotation blues posted by Brian Jelgerhuis on March 21, 2001 at 16:08:23:

Brian,

I feel your pain :( The angle changes because it is effected by the angle change you are making in the elevation. That is because you are making an angle adjustment that is not true to the orientation of the object. And 'NO', I can't figure out how to adjust the angle by using the 'Working Orientations' 'Set to Object' function. I have come up with a couple of simple rules and procedure to help. It all started with Spanish Tiles and Ridge caps...

Creat the cap object (or group). Make sure it is long enough to cover the area. Too long is better than too short. Position the object (or group) in both the 'elevation' and 'plan' views so that it is at a halfway point for starters. Now adjust the 'elevation' view angle so that the bottom point of the cap is equal to the bottom point of the roof. If you have the exact length already predetermined, do the same for the top. Now adjust the 'plan' view angle. Check the 'elevation' view. Before you adjust the angle in the 'elevation' view it is important to swing the angle in the 'plan' view back to parallel with the 'elevation' face. If you don't you will quickly lose track of what you are adjusting and end up very skewed. After you have done that, make your adjustments in the 'elevation' view. Reset the 'plan' view angle as before. Check the alignment in both elevations. You can simply trim off extra length from you ridge cap if needed. It can be a bit tricky at first, but its a pretty quick task now.

Good luck

Jeff

Follow Up Messages:

Post a Follow Up Message -

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

DesignWorkshop Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum | Scrapbook | E-Design Forum | ArchitectureWeek

Artifice, Inc. ...the way of architecture.

Home | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Great Buildings | RenderCity | Free 3D | Gallery | Support | Search | Index
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/forum/6073.html