Artifice 
  DesignWorkshop 
  3D Design 
  Discussion

Message - Re: Art*lantis solves 3DMF scale issue!

Follow Ups | DesignWorkshop 3D CAD Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum

Posted by  Jeff on March 27, 2001 at 07:01:18:

In Reply to:  Re: Art*lantis solves 3DMF scale issue! posted by Gary on March 26, 2001 at 21:23:29:

Gary,

It is true! It appears that all of the DXF issues have been addressed in a test release that I installed last week. I hadn't shared that news yet due to Abvents desire to not go public with that information until additional testing was completed. However, both Polygonal and Triangulated DXF files created in DesignWorkshop seem to open properly with the new release. Windows users of DesignWorkshop may continue to produce the Polymesh DXF file, if they have already changed the DW.ini file to reflect that desire. Both the existing Art*lantis 4.0 and the upcoming new release are Polymesh capable. I hope to have more information very soon on a release date.

QUICK NOTE: 3dmf files will be scaled automatically when you import them into Art*lantis with the new QD3D.plg file installed. DXF files, however, will always require you to make a quick entry, when prompted, to provide a 'scale factor'. You should enter 2.54 to scale most DXF files to the Art*lantis standard unit of a 'cm' (1 inch = 2.54 cm).

I agree with Gary, that Abvent has responded wonderfully!

See ya

Jeff

This is a discussion forum archive page.

For continuing discussion, please visit our updated Open 3D CAD Forum.

DesignWorkshop Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum | Scrapbook | E-Design Forum | ArchitectureWeek

Artifice, Inc. ...the way of architecture.

Home | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Great Buildings | RenderCity | Free 3D | Gallery | Support | Search | Index
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/forum/6102.html