Artifice 
  DesignWorkshop 
  3D Design 
  Discussion

Message - Re: Simple Drawing

Follow Ups | DesignWorkshop 3D CAD Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum

Posted by  Jeff on August 08, 2001 at 15:36:04:

In Reply to:  Re: Simple Drawing posted by build on August 08, 2001 at 14:38:01:

I don't understand where the odd Import/Export numbers came from, however, maybe somebody from Artifice can shed some light. The default is typically 12 for export and 0.0833333 for the import. Oh well, at least you've got it going towards a workable solution. You can post the image you mentioned or email it to me if you would rather. Either way, I would be happy to help you out. I can't remember all of the shortcomings of DW Light compared to DW Pro, which is what I use, so excuse me if I stumble a bit. You should be able to produce a JPG or BMB to use in PaintShop Pro. After you've created the model, create a 'lights and textures' rendering from it. That is, simply go to 'View/Lights & Textures'. Then go to 'File/Export 2D/Pixel Image'; a window will come up to allow you to size the image you want to create. Unfortunately, with DW Light you can only render in the 'Shading' or 'Wireframe' mode. With Classic or Pro you could use 'Shadow Casting' or 'Hidden Line'. The Shadow Casting mode gives a much nicer rendering and allows for Anti-Alliasing, Transparency, and Shadow options. I still use 'Hidden Line' renderings periodically to about a special jpg image. Special, because DW creates each line as thin as possible (one pixel wide), and that helps in some processes I use. Hope that helps!

See ya,

Jeff

Follow Up Messages:

Post a Follow Up Message -

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

DesignWorkshop Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum | Scrapbook | E-Design Forum | ArchitectureWeek

Artifice, Inc. ...the way of architecture.

Home | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Great Buildings | RenderCity | Free 3D | Gallery | Support | Search | Index
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/forum/6469.html