Artifice 
  DesignWorkshop 
  3D Design 
  Discussion

Message - hip roof on doll house

Follow Ups | DesignWorkshop 3D CAD Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum

Posted by  John Haley on August 13, 2001 at 09:57:05:

I'm not really sure this is the right forum to be asking this question. However, after reading some of the posts on this board, maybe someone can help.

Im building a dresser for my daughter. It's going to look like a doll house. I drew up a great design(pencil+paper)for the "box" of the house, but I'm really having a rough time figuring out the dimensions of the hip roof. The box is 44"h x 38.5"w.

My question is this; how high should the peak of the roof be, given the dimensions of my box and a 1/2 inch over-hang(the over-hang is the eaves as well as a resting place for the roof). I read that the slope on a hip is 9/12, but I'm lost on how high to go before going horizontal. If I get the height, I can figure out the rest with geometry(I think).

I'd appreciate any tips or advice anyone could give. I'm not an engineer and I do not have any of the CAD programs.

Follow Up Messages:

Post a Follow Up Message -

This is a discussion forum archive page.

For continuing discussion, please visit our updated Open 3D CAD Forum.

DesignWorkshop Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum | Scrapbook | E-Design Forum | ArchitectureWeek

Artifice, Inc. ...the way of architecture.

Home | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Great Buildings | RenderCity | Free 3D | Gallery | Support | Search | Index
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/forum/6477.html