Artifice 
  DesignWorkshop 
  3D Design 
  Discussion

Message - Re: Radiance fatal error

Follow Ups | DesignWorkshop 3D CAD Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum

Posted by  Frank DaCosta on August 27, 2001 at 02:48:28:

In Reply to:  Re: Radiance fatal error posted by Greg McHugh on August 24, 2001 at 21:17:27:

I think we've covered this angle before, and Santiago has mentioned it, but if the dw.mat file doesn't have line-feed characters after each line, Radiance for Windows gets upset. It buffers things up to a certain point, and then introduces its own line-break, usually in a bad spot causing the parser to fail on some word.

I tested this assumption this morning, by converting my dw.mat (which normally has full carriage-return/line-feeds at the end of each line) and removing the line-feeds, leaving just the carriage-returns. The rad.exe program gave an error trying to interpret part of a texture name as if it were a modifier.

I'm not certain how the line breaks are done on the dw.mat file straight off of the CD (Gary?), but the file can *look* quite normal in some text editors and yet still have this problem.

If you want, send me your dw.mat file and I'll take a look at it. I have a nifty utility that will insert the proper line breaks, if that's the problem.

We'll get there!

Frank

This is a discussion forum archive page.

For continuing discussion, please visit our updated Open 3D CAD Forum.

DesignWorkshop Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum | Scrapbook | E-Design Forum | ArchitectureWeek

Artifice, Inc. ...the way of architecture.

Home | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Great Buildings | RenderCity | Free 3D | Gallery | Support | Search | Index
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/forum/6550.html