Artifice 
  DesignWorkshop 
  3D Design 
  Discussion

Message - Re: Radiance fatal - cannot find picture file...

Follow Ups | DesignWorkshop 3D CAD Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum

Posted by  Frank DaCosta on September 07, 2001 at 05:27:59:

In Reply to:  Re: Radiance fatal - cannot find picture file... posted by Greg McHugh on September 06, 2001 at 17:07:01:

Yes, you want to use both path statements. Or, even simpler, you can put them together like this:

path %path%;c:\radiance\bin;c:\radiance\lib

I don't have the DW Pro CD, but I would think that the material files appearing under "Radiance Support" would already be in the proper format (i.e., Radiance picture format), even if they do not have the .pic extension.

Here's a test for you. Rename one of the material files by adding the .pic extension. Then see if Radiance likes it that way. Maybe that's all you need to do.

Here's another test. Rename one of the material files by adding the .pct extension. Then try to open it in PaintShop Pro as a "Macintosh PICT" file. If it opens properly, then those files are actually in Macintosh format and need to be converted to Radiance format.

You shouldn't *have* to convert them; the Radiance-ready material files *should* be on the DW Pro CD. But if you do want to try converting them, here's what I did:

1. Rename the material file "name" to "name.pct"
2. Open with PaintShop Pro as a "Macintosh PICT file"
3. Save as Targa file "name.tga"
4. Run this Radiance program: ra_t16 -r name.tga name.pic

Let me know how it goes!
Frank DaCosta

Follow Up Messages:

Post a Follow Up Message -

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

DesignWorkshop Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum | Scrapbook | E-Design Forum | ArchitectureWeek

Artifice, Inc. ...the way of architecture.

Home | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Great Buildings | RenderCity | Free 3D | Gallery | Support | Search | Index
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/forum/6585.html