Artifice 
  DesignWorkshop 
  3D Design 
  Discussion

Message - Re: DW Pro Problems

Follow Ups | DesignWorkshop 3D CAD Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum

Posted by  David Owen on February 17, 2004 at 00:17:51:

In Reply to:  DW Pro Bugs & Problems posted by ray debono on February 14, 2004 at 05:53:27:

If I am working in plan and then sue the eye tool to bring the model into perspective view and use the ctrl-alt keys to specify a viewpoint DW gives me a view from below the ground plane.

Actually, if you use the Eye tool from Plan view, you get an Axonometric view and _not_ a perspective. And the Axonometric view works a little differently in DesignWorkshop than perspective.

The behavior you described is typical of the Axon view, and not possible in Perspective.

So, to switch between Plan and Perspective, I'd suggest using the appropriate commands in the View menu, or their corresponding keyboard shortcuts.

Each time I open a file the model gets ‘blocked’ in the top left corner of the screen and I have to restore and maximise the page to bring it to normal.

This screen draw error can be remedied by unmaximizing the window, and then maximizing again. I've also had good luck using the Eye tool, or any other tool/command that makes DesignWorkshop redraw the contents of the window.

Sometimes during zooming in and out the program either crashes or all items disappear from the screen. I then have to close the program through windows using ctrl-alt / end task.

That's definitely not normal behavior for DesignWorkshop. Please contact Artifice Support for assistance.

Also, is there a place on the web site where users can place their wish list that could be considered for future versions of the DW pro.

We're always glad to receive your suggestions. Just email them to us at support@artifice.com. And quite often, we'll be able to suggest some way to accomplish what you're after!

I sent a dozen e-mails before I bought the program and some other messages after but never got any reply.

I'm sorry you don't feel like you've received the support you were expecting. We do our best to respond to every message and phone call that we receive.

As far as I can tell, we've replied to every message we've received from you. Perhaps you did not receive our replies? At any rate, if there are any unanswered questions, please do let us know!

And if for some unknown reason you don't hear back from us, you are welcome to contact us another way:

Phone: 541-345-7421
Fax: 541-345-7438
Email: support@artifice.com
Web Form: http://www.artifice.com/support/online_support.html

This is a discussion forum archive page.

For continuing discussion, please visit our updated Open 3D CAD Forum.

DesignWorkshop Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum | Scrapbook | E-Design Forum | ArchitectureWeek

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Great Buildings | RenderCity | Free 3D | Gallery | Support | Search | Index
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/forum/9698.html