what's the best paper for portfolio?

Discussion among students of architecture, planning, interiors, landscape, and environmental design. Occasional contributions by lurking design professionals.

what's the best paper for portfolio?

Postby clot » Thu May 21, 2009 6:14 pm

I am putting together a portfolio and trying to figure out what's the best paper to use?

I am looking for a matted but thin paper. and is printing in both blck/wht and color as well as white on black background. Anyone who has put together a portfolio, please suggest a few paper type and where I can get them. Also, where is the best place to get it printed for good quality at a price students can afford? Help please!
clot

Postby starkca3 » Fri May 22, 2009 1:09 am

i used just 60 lb paper from kinkos . that probably doesnt help ><
starkca3

Postby clot » Fri May 22, 2009 2:47 am

kinkos...I've tried a test print in color and it didn't turn out that great. The color didn't come out as great as I expected (it looked very washed) and the paper quality wasn't great either. I also did another test print with copy central. The colored print came out much better, but they don't have the paper I was looking for and it was not cost effective to run color prints there. The person helping me suggested a matted type paper except he couldn't point to where I can get them. Clues anyone?
clot

Re: what's the best paper for portfolio?

Postby dytecture » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:52 pm

White bond paper with some weight to it. Avoid using colored papers as the prints will not be as clear. Also think about how to bind your portfolio is you have multiple pages.
dytecture

Return to Architecture Students Forum