A better designer?

Discussion among students of architecture, planning, interiors, landscape, and environmental design. Occasional contributions by lurking design professionals.

A better designer?

Postby AJ91 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:19 pm

What resources are available to help me manage my ideas and guide me through the design process and become a better designer..
AJ91

Re: A better designer?

Postby dytecture » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:45 pm

I would suggest studying your favorite architects by reading their biography, their design philosophy and use them if you agree or want to explore their ideas further. Keeping a journal of your design influences and just have a look out for things that inspires you. Never stop learning.
dytecture

Re: A better designer? Look to nature.

Postby seraphatar » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:54 pm

AJ,

If you want to be a better designer, look to nature for hints. Emulating nature- God's handiwork- is the best move a designer can make. Taking cues from biology is the way of the future (and of the past in some regards). If you want to know some of the architects who have pioneered in this area, look to Frank Lloyd Wright, Dr. Paolo Soleri, Bruce Goff, Bart Prince, Douglas Cardinal, Dr. Ken Yeang, Antoine Predock, Laurie Chetwoods and Dr. Eugene Tssui.

Nature is the best teacher and can be an ally if we build sympathetically and in harmony with her untamed forces.

Blessings to you in your pursuit of design excellence.

Seraphatar
seraphatar

Return to Architecture Students Forum