Tips for applying?

Discussion among students of architecture, planning, interiors, landscape, and environmental design. Occasional contributions by lurking design professionals.

Tips for applying?

Postby IGfortyK » Thu May 19, 2011 3:17 pm

Hello all,

I am currently preparing to apply to a design school. I have never applied to one before and I have read, off of the school's site, what the requirements are (a personal essay, two recommendations, a portfolio, etc.).

I am going into this off of the basic list I was given. I understand what to do but does anyone have any tips to ensure a good quality portfolio, essay, or recommendation?

Thank you in advance.
IGfortyK

Re: Tips for applying?

Postby swayalign » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:07 am

Hey,

The best thing you can do is to just do what they ask for and have a couple people check your applications for errors etc. People know when you are doing too much, and when you haven't done enough. Give them quality.
swayalign

Re: Tips for applying?

Postby dytecture » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:43 pm

Make sure your portfolio stands out from the crowd, most design school look for each applicant's personality, style, and they drive to work hard once they're accepted.
dytecture

Return to Architecture Students Forum