Talented student required to create highly complex model

Discussion among students of architecture, planning, interiors, landscape, and environmental design. Occasional contributions by lurking design professionals.

Talented student required to create highly complex model

Postby Jeremy de Beer » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:55 am

Hello

I am a registered medical practitioner with a research Masters degree in Psychiatry and Mental Health who is extremely interested in the ability of computers to play an important role in both professional and lay person healthcare education. As a direct result of this interest, I have been working for the past six years on my proposed freeware healthcare education application (simulation) that is initially aimed at high school students.

I now have a fairly well-developed single winged and single ringed model (in 3ds Max 2006 - courtesy of an extremely talented young Danish architectural modeler) of the THC (Teaching Hospital complex) that will ultimately form the centerpiece of our application.

http://s1120.photobucket.com/albums/l50 ... C%20model/

However, there is now a need for a more complex double winged and double ringed model due to the sheer size of the proposed components. I now hopefully have managed to acquire the voluntary services of an architect to draw an outline (with Google SketchUp) of a unit (ward) template (size: 22 meters in width and 110 meters in length). This can hopefully be fairly easily adapted to become a clinic, clinical diagnostic laboratory, etc. All of these will eventually need to be housed within this highly complex and symmetrical THC model ....

However, the design is so complex that it is seemingly too challenging for even the average architect to undertake. I therefore badly need the voluntary services of a highly skilled student to hopefully create something truly spectacular. Is there anyone sufficiently skilled in CAD who might be prepared to voluntarily assist me to create this highly complex THC model featuring five outer symmetrical twin cruciform wings and three inner twin decagonal rings?

This must surely be close to representing the ultimate creative challenge ....

With kindest regards

Jeremy
Jeremy de Beer

Return to Architecture Students Forum