Future Proofing Architecture Resources?

Discussion among students of architecture, planning, interiors, landscape, and environmental design. Occasional contributions by lurking design professionals.

Future Proofing Architecture Resources?

Postby Luke Riggall » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:22 pm

Hello,

I'm a 3rd year student from England and for my dissertation (in depth essay) I am discussing how architects can future proof buildings - Or to what extent they can future proof buildings.

I thought this would be a good subject as Architects have to design the built environment with the future in mind, in order for the buildings to function and be sustainable in all senses of the term in the near future at least.

I realise it is a complex subject as know one really knows the future, but it definitely a interesting issue to write about.

But I am struggling to find any books directly on this subject?
If anyone can find or knows anything that could help in any way at all could they please let me know?

Thanks,
Luke
Luke Riggall

Re: Future Proofing Architecture Resources?

Postby lekizz » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:37 pm

I have a feeling Herman Hertzberger in his "Lessons for Students in Architecture" says something about polyvalence and multivalence i.e. design to be suitable for more than one use, or multiple uses. You could do worse than checking him out.
lekizz
millennium club

Return to Architecture Students Forum