The secret life of buildings

Discussion among students of architecture, planning, interiors, landscape, and environmental design. Occasional contributions by lurking design professionals.

The secret life of buildings

Postby cunning_fox_girl » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:18 am

I am writing a piece about how buildings change and transform with their environments. How they interact with the past, function in the present and prepare for the future. I want to select a few examples as case studies but am struggling to find any, can you suggest any buildings, books or sites that may help me please? :)
cunning_fox_girl

Re: The secret life of buildings

Postby seraphatar » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:07 am

About the only building I know of is the Milwaukee Museum of Art with a moving brise soleil designed by Santiago Calatrava. It's solar shading device opens and closes with each day. Quite a beautiful building.

Seraphatar
seraphatar

Re: The secret life of buildings

Postby seraphatar » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:09 am

I forgot to mention that there is also the Butterfly House by Chadwick (British Architect)...S
seraphatar

Return to Architecture Students Forum