Any architecture-related things a student can do during brea

Discussion among students of architecture, planning, interiors, landscape, and environmental design. Occasional contributions by lurking design professionals.

Any architecture-related things a student can do during brea

Postby Kevin » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:56 pm

A question of general interest, seen posted online...

I'm an undergrad History major working to build up a portfolio/resume to apply to grad school for Architecture, and I was wondering if there's anything I can do during breaks, namely summer break, that can help me. Do architecture firms take non-arch undergrad interns? Are there any projects I can work on on my own that can help me get into grad school? I'm just feeling a little bit lost right now as to what I could be doing, so any kind of help or guidance would be incredibly appreciated!
Kevin
Site Admin

Re: Any architecture-related things a student can do during

Postby Studio2a3d » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:00 am

Draw! Take life drawing or similar classes while you can... or even self studies can be directed now via the internet. It will help your portfolio in the short term, and years down the road - you'll be glad you did it.

3d architectural renderings by studio2a
Studio2a3d

Return to Architecture Students Forum