Recruitment for the summer workshop in Croatia

Discussion among students of architecture, planning, interiors, landscape, and environmental design. Occasional contributions by lurking design professionals.

Recruitment for the summer workshop in Croatia

Postby SedamBisera » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:37 pm

The vision

Is to create a workable enhancement and redevelopment plan of the entire area of the Seven Kaštela from Trogir to Split.

The redevelopment includes enhancement of existing properties in the first instance with the first line to the sea and the promenade between the sea and first line.
The project will also include developing possible activities / structures in the sea including marinas, ferries, which will have connection to the land.

The project

Is open to architectural and landscaping students who wish to work on this project for a period of one month, beginning 30 June 2012. The project will be coordinated together with the City of Kaštela council and on site architects in Kaštela.

We offer under this period of time of one month for each sett of students free accommodation and sustenance in the period of July 2012.
The project will be presented to the appropriate channels with the possibility of incorporating it in the general plan for the future development of the Kaštela.

We offer series of the lectures regarding the history of Croatia, sustainable energy, ecology and archaeology.

Based on the success of this project Kaštela will organize each year projects considering development and enhancement plans of other areas in Kaštela.
We look forward to receiving notification of interest for this project latest 31 March.

This project is open to students who have achieved minimum their Bachelor and working on the Master in architecture and landscape architecture.

Please contact us on the following email address for further details and interest:

Stuart Hall / Agnieszka Kulik

Webpage of the project - still under construction:

http://sedambisera-kastela.manifo.com/

Pictures from the area can be found on the following Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kastela-Croatian-adventure/138494439523495?v=wall
Last edited by SedamBisera on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
SedamBisera

Re: Recruitment for the summer workshop in Croatia

Postby SedamBisera » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:24 pm

If you are an architect already you are also very welcome to apply if the project is interesting for you

Awaiting your applications.
SedamBisera

Postby SedamBisera » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:18 am

During this month the project team will seriously review the possibilities of bringing sustainable safe tourism to the length of the bay of Kaštela and investigate the conditions for developing the coastal area by connecting the two UNESCO cities of Trogir and Split with the world’s longest and most unique promenade and by redefining the image of the first line through this urban and architectural study named Sedambisera.

The key to our success in this project is also assured by international awareness through our 7 honoured patrons from different professional walks of life and different countries, media attention and many other factor...
SedamBisera

Postby SedamBisera » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:27 am

We are looking forward to realization of this project and training and lectures for our international team, as this project despite its architectural and Kastela development side is:
To build bridges between nations
To open doors between cultures
To create
To enhance
To protect
To inspire
And it is against:
Wars,
Divisions
Lack of tolerance
Lack of vision
Bureaucratic barriers
And everything that is uninspiring
And just to give you a clue and the feeling of the level of the project... One of our honorary patrons from the archaeological field, the person that will follow up the progress of the project is George Fletcher Bass...

Next one I will share with you after the press release after Easter...

Moreover if the admin allows, as soon as the team will be established we can change this topic into the progress of the project where I can post information about everything that is taking place here in Kastela...

When you send request please provide us with CV and portfolios
Cheers,
Aga
SedamBisera

Postby SedamBisera » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:10 am

You have 10 more days for applying

Cheers and good luck,
Aga
SedamBisera

Postby SedamBisera » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:05 pm

Dear All,

thanks a lot for all your applications. We have received quite few. If anyone else would like to take his chance, feel free and provide us with your CV and portfolio...

Good luck to all of you and see some of you in the summer in beautiful Croatia

Salutation,
Aga
SedamBisera

The team is chosen - for the project of the longest promena

Postby SedamBisera » Mon May 14, 2012 5:43 am

Dear All,

it was very difficult since all the applications we received were great, unfortunately we could choose only 14 people... Today I will start the presentation of the team members one by one...

The first one is Robert Sedgwick. Robert is from Edinburgh, Scotland.
What does he writes about him in reference to this project?
"I have recently completed my undergraduate studies in Architectural Design at The University of Edinburgh. Past work has included projects across Europe with a lean towards a sensitive approach to historic architectural settings. I gladly volunteer for inventive projects which can benefit communities and am equally at home on site or behind a desk. Previous experience working with an international team has been rewarding and I am eager to embark on this project and commit with a natural enthusiasm."

Regards,
Aga
SedamBisera

Sedam Bisera Croatian project

Postby SedamBisera » Mon May 14, 2012 5:44 am

Moreover please find the facebook fan page dedicated to the project

https://www.facebook.com/7bisera

Salutation,
Aga
SedamBisera

Lets start from scratch :) The first team member :)

Postby SedamBisera » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:55 pm

My name is Iva Batina. I am from Split, Croatia.
I am currently finishing Master study of architecture and urbanism at the Faculty of architecture University of Zagreb.
In the third semester of study and before my graduate work, I chose Landscape architecture workshop, where I investigated the area Kaštela, where my father was born. This research is a part of the research project "The Urban and Landscape Heritage of Croatia as Part of the European Culture". Exploring that area, I met it in a different way, "inside", and I recognized the value and opportunities, and also problems of that area. In agreement with my mentor spam. Prof. Bojana Bojanić Obad Šćitaroci PhD, I decided to continue working on the Kaštela area in my graduate work.
I'm happy because someone else has recognized the beauty and potential of Kaštela. I am very excited and intrigued by possibility to participate in this project SEDAM BISERA

THE PICTURE :)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
SedamBisera

Next one on the list of the participants :)

Postby SedamBisera » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:26 am

Hi, the next member of the team on the way to come:)

"My name is Kremena Dyakova. I recently graduated from the University of Architecture,Civil Engineering and Geodesy (UACEG) in Sofia,Bulgaria with a MSc degree in Architecture,specialized in Urban planning. I think one of the reasons to have been given the opportunity to participate in the "Sedam Bisera" team is that my study experience abroad helped me become very flexible and adaptive to work in multicultural environments. One of the most recent assignments in which I participated was a Student work-group Project within the framework of an Intensive ERASMUS Program. During these two weeks groups of students from 7 EU countries developed together several proposals for the Redevelopment of a decayed area in the City of Turin and I am very proud to have been responsible for one of the student teams during that time. Moreover,most of the plans and designs I have worked on were actually team projects,dealing with a range of topics,such as Regional Planning, Polycentric Development,Urban Renewal,Landscape Architecture and Ecology in the Regional Planning. And I think all of these subjects could be successfully incorporated in the Project for The future Re-development of the bay of Kaštela."
SedamBisera

Postby SedamBisera » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:49 am

David de la Torre and Martin Sunjic

My name is David de la Torre from Spain and I'm currently completing my Master's degree at the University of Alcalá. Within the different projects in which I worked, highlights my participation in the regeneration and readjustment of existing urban fabric that suffered from an inadequate strategy for urban planning and environmental design.
This being managed with a broad spectrum focus, going from large urban and landscape to the smaller scales.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

My name is Martin Sunjic and I think the reason I was chosen for this project is because I've already had the chance to participate in a workshop, giving me experience in team work and communication, which added to a certain knowledge of the culture of Croatia and the place where the project is meant to be done and its surroundings enables me to provide some ideas, which combined with the urbanism that we're taught in Barcelona can help to contribute to overall success of the group workshop.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 465&type=3

Join our page today to meet another members of the team :)

Aga
SedamBisera

Postby SedamBisera » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:15 pm

Sedam bisera presents
Elsa Travlou - Fifth member of the team,
Hana Potisk - Sixth member of the team
Douglas Walker - Seventh member of the team

My name is Elsa Travlou and I have recently graduated from the National Technical University of Athens, faculty Architecture Engineering. I always believed that in order to become a good architect, you have to see and get familiar with different types of opinions and aspects. Also a young architect should see from a closer perspective the architecture of other places in order to expand his horizons. Therefore I decided to participate in the project of Sedam Bisera, in Croatia.
I think that the reason for have been accepted to this project has to do with my diploma project, which concerned the capital of the island of Kefalonia. Subject matter of project was the junction of two disconnected landscapes, the wetland of the capital and the marina which is located next to it. The aim was to create a more suitable design which would join the two adjacent landscapes and at the same time revitalize an area of high environmental importance, as today it is being abandoned. The knowledge that I gained from this work would be beneficial for the project in Kastela, as the two projects have many similarities.
My experience from my diploma project in combination with my mentality to work in a team, are the two skills that I believe that made be a member of the Sedam Bisera project.

I am Hana Potisk and I hold a BSc degree in architecture from the University College Dublin where I studied for the last three years. I was raised in a Croatian family in the heart of Vienna and was given the opportunity to be taught in an English speaking international school. Growing up to a multitude of cultures has allowed me to truly appreciate the world and given me many opportunities for traveling. I have seen much of the world's most significant and renowned architecture and look forward to putting these experiences to use in Kaštela.

My name is Douglas Walker and I come from the UK. I studied architecture at Edinburgh University, Scotland and am continuing postgraduate studies there in the coming year. I have a keen interest in historic building conservation and have worked briefly with the Royal Commission of the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland as well as conducting a research project last summer for Edinburgh University and AOC archeology on the little known iron-age broach of Scotland. My design interests include the use of sustainable materials and Eco-friendly design and designing within a historic fabric.

Regards to everyone,
Aga
SedamBisera

Postby SedamBisera » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:52 am

Sedam bisera presents Eliza Owczarek - next member of the team
Sedam bisera presents Urszula Markiewicz - Sagan - Next member of the team
Sedam bisera presents Robert Sedgwick - next member of the team

My name is Robert Sedgwick and I have recently completed my undergraduate studies in Architectural Design at The University of Edinburgh. Past work has included projects across Europe with a lean towards a sensitive approach to historic architectural settings. I gladly volunteer for inventive projects which can benefit communities and am equally at home on site or behind a desk. Previous experience working with an international team has been rewarding and I am eager to embark on this project and commit with a natural enthusiasm.

My name is Urszula Markiewicz – Sagan and I am an architecture and structural engineering graduate in the UK, soon to be RIBA Part II qualified. I believe I was chosen to be a part of the team on this exciting project Sedam bisera, is due to my interest and experience in urban design as well as for my skills within architectural design and graphics. I understand the aim of the project is sympathetic regeneration that makes the most of the setting while benefiting local communities and the environment, and I look forward to making a contribution to bringing sustainable change to the Bay of Kaštela.

My name is Eliza Owczarek, I’m from Poland. At the moment I’m in my final year at Cracow University of Technology – the faculty of architecture and urban planning. My MSc thesis is supervised by Professor Piotr Gajewski. During my studies I was very lucky to have taken part in many projects, both local and foreign ones. Some time ago I had an opportunity to participate in workshops connected with my diploma.

One of them took place in the city of Münster where I was able to exchange my experience with fellow students from Germany, which proved to be very valuable. I love travelling and meeting new people. I find modern architecture as fascinating as the old. I have been to Croatia twice and I was absolutely enchanted by this country of natural beauty and rich cultural heritage. I am looking forward to seeing you all in Kaštela soon and working in the team. I will be happy to share my knowledge, work hard and contribute to our common success.

Regards,
Aga
SedamBisera

Postby SedamBisera » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:38 pm

Hello today :) Hot summer in Kastela so that is not so easy to write more... All the remaining members of the team can be found:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 465&type=3

And here:
http://tripwow.tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ ... 64-5e11?lb

Next Monday is the big day :)

Regards,
Aga
SedamBisera

Postby SedamBisera » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:11 pm

Hi Guys,

so everyone is here and they started to work hard as of the first day... Professor had no mercy and even thought it was very hot students and young architects shoot off in the hottest day hours to recognize the potential of Kastela bay... Below you can find the link to few pictures and their first shor summary of one of the first days:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 465&type=1

Tomorrow they are starting with serious drawings...
Rgds,
Aga
SedamBisera

Next

Return to Architecture Students Forum