High Sierra

Discuss PowerCADD and WildTools in particular,
and related architectural drawing and drafting topics in general. Moderated by Artifice in cooperation with Engineered Software.

Re: High Sierra

Postby robmunach » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:44 pm

You might be able to buy a copy of Sierra - if not from apple then on ebay and downgrade it.
robmunach

Postby ValmontR » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:49 pm

Found a new one yesterday - choose "Import" in the File menu - click on something and instant crash. I hadn't noticed this until 2 days ago. Fortunately, you can open the file, copy it, then paste into the desired document. High Sierra 10.13.2 Beta (17C83a)

Cheers,
ralph
ValmontR

Postby patrickm » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:42 pm

robmunach wrote:You might be able to buy a copy of Sierra - if not from apple then on ebay and downgrade it.

I downgraded my computer (27" iMac bought this year) to Sierra, by taking it to a local repair shop, after I had problems with HS & PC. Make sure you clone your drive first, in case there are any issues.
patrickm

Postby Paul H » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:23 am

patrickm, and VamontR -
For what it's worth, I've now tested all the above crashing notes that you've generously shared and so far have not repeated any of them. No hiccups on anything . . . so far anyway. And the new Photos app is a big improvement in High Sierra.

15" MacBook Pro (Late 2016)
OS High Sierra 10.13.1
2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Radeon Pro 460 4 GB
Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB
Connected to a LG 5k 27"

PC 9.1.5 (Build 17B002)
WT 10.1.3 v5
Paul H

Postby dfinazzo » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:04 pm

New MacBook running 10.13.1 - any text activity - CRASH!! :shock:

Have avoided upgrading my desktop assuming that all versions of 10.13.1 are buggy at the moment regarding TEXT functions . . .

Any recommendations??
dfinazzo

Postby Eugene Silva » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:25 pm

Thanks everyone for the information shared on this discussion. My late 2012 MacBook Pro died a sudden death yesterday so I am forced to purchase a replacement. Fortunately for me, the non-Apple Apple Store (West World Computers) offered to install Sierra onto the new MacBook for me since I was able to share with them what I had learned here. Should spare me some grief... I'm wondering though, for those that are having problems with PowerCadd in High Sierra, did they do a clean install of High Sierra or simply upgrade? Has anyone tried to install PowerCadd on a brand new machine?

I will be connecting my new MacBook Pro to my Thunderbolt 2 Display in our office. Has anyone found the very best way to accomplish that? At home I have an older Cinema Display, has anyone found a way to connect one of the new MacBooks with only the USBc ports to such a display?

Thanks in advance for any knowledge that can be shared.
Eugene Silva

Postby Joe Mattei » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:20 pm

The IMac Pro is on the way... How about PowerCad Pro?
Joe Mattei

Postby David Scott » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:58 am

For people who are having text troubles in High Sierra, instead of double-clicking the text box, select it and then do a Command-E and edit the text within the edit text window.
Does that make any difference?
I think this issue may be to do with how PowerCADD handles old text entities. When you edit old text using the Advanced Text tool it tries to convert to the new entity type and sometimes something goes wonky in that process. I have this issue on my High Sierra Mac when I open old drawing files but using the Command-E Edit Text window seems to work if direct editing causes a crash. I've also ended up deleting some of the problematic text boxes and just creating new text blocks with the Advanced Text tool.

David
David Scott

Previous

Return to PowerCADD Discussion