Opening .dat files

This forum is for designers and end users of interactive virtual environments, from computer games to immersive world experiences.

Opening .dat files

Postby FriggnDiggn » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:59 pm

I have been searching for hours trying to find a way to open a particular .dat file. This is unlike any problem Ive read about across the web. Its not email, or a movie, but a file full of sound files(.wav) for a racing simulation. I would like to open the file, and use these sounds in a different racing simulation. With the other simulation, I just open the sound folder, and all the .wav files are there. With this simulation, I open the sound folder, and I have a sound.dat file. Ive tried multiple progams to open it, and the closest Ive come is wordpad. Where some words are legible,(which is how I know they are .wav files) along with alot of junk, coding maybe?? But instead of the file being there for me to "grab hold of" it is worded, rather than the actual file. I would like to open this file, so I can access these .wav files. I hope this isnt confusing, Im not much of a computer guy. Thanks.
FriggnDiggn

Return to Game & Virtual Spaces Forum