Aether3D.com beta stage, call for content

This forum is for designers and end users of interactive virtual environments, from computer games to immersive world experiences.

Aether3D.com beta stage, call for content

Postby Kiriakos_kappa » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:24 am

well, hello everybody.

I have to admit that quite some time has passed since the last time I ventured on these forums, three+ years actually. Well, I guess I'll leave the sentimental stuff out of the way for now.

So! Hi everybody, As I'm sure you already might have guessed this is about a new website in the neighborhood. I have been writing it for quite some time now but finally it has reached a point where I can present it to people.

here's a link: http://Aether3D.com

So, what does it do? Well, it is a serious attempt to deliver interactive architectural 3d environments via the browser. It is based on shockwave3d technology and user generated content. Basically what you do, as the end user, is you visit the link your architect/friend/etc sent you and have a walk through the project or the similar projects, or you take a picture of that project and send it to a friend (this is still under development) or have a chat about that project(the comment box is actualy a real time chat) well, I hope you get the idea. I have some more features coming, rating, favoriting, following,etc.

So, check it out and if you wish do a registration and start uploading your work today( you should read the modeling guidelines http://aether3d.com/info.php for this).
In any way, let me know of what you think!

so, thanks for reading,
regards,
Kiriakos

PS1: Any opinion counts, especially the constructive ones!
PS2: A lot of people have complained about the bad modeling of the avatar you see in 3rd person view. Please note that I can't do everything at once. I will review the avatar and in fact there are options coming for this, including an option to rig and upload your own avatar for your projects, as well as choosing different quality values for it.
Kiriakos_kappa

Postby svenglezz-ASMEIL » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:55 pm

Holly shit batman.....very cool stuff!

it did not work untill' i hit the space bar' and it seemed to reload.

Def. gon'a register and thank you for the link,
Sven
svenglezz-ASMEIL

Postby Kiriakos_kappa » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:33 am

Hey Sven,

I'm happy you liked it ;-).
I would like to point out that the site has shown quite some Bugs and thanks to people's feedback I am able to fix them one at a time.

Yes, the space button thing is quite tricky. I will replace it on the next version of the applet with a play button that you have to click or something similar.

If you have questions or experience any trouble uploading projects don't hesitate to contact here or via the sites contact form.

cheers
kiriakos
Kiriakos_kappa

Return to Game & Virtual Spaces Forum