"Who the hell buys Crane Simulator games?"

This forum is for designers and end users of interactive virtual environments, from computer games to immersive world experiences.

"Who the hell buys Crane Simulator games?"

Postby Kevin » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:27 pm

Snarky...
http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/natelanxon/0, ... m?s_cid=82

"If you've exhausted every adrenaline-lined avenue of excitement thrown your way in life, perhaps it's time to sample the very latest in high-octane industrial lifting-machine simulation. Behold: Crane Simulator 2009 is now available!

"While you scoop your jaws from the floor, let me confirm something I needed confirming to me a few moments ago: the game actually exists. Someone, somewhere, genuinely goes to Amazon looking to emulate the life of a crane operative.

"What I want to know is, who? And more to the point, why?

"Excitement-building fail

"You will even need to prove your worth on the night shift," the box naively exclaims, almost as if it was advertising something that involved chatting to a group of over-sexed - 10 minutes before the world exploded..."
Kevin
Site Admin

Postby Kiriakos_kappa » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:44 am

Ok, I haven't looked at the game but could it be that it's one of those 'serious' games? you know, the ones that are designed to train personel on new equipment etc.?

Otherwise I would like to say that this is propably the first time in history that professional game testers will have actually to go to work in their work :P
Kiriakos_kappa

Postby Kevin » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:01 pm

Well, it's true that a couple of years ago it was in the construction industry news that there was a shortage of tower crane operators. Big building jobs around the world were being held up a bit due to not having enough cranes to go around... in the peak of the building bubble frenzy.

That was then, this is now - plenty of time to practice up.
Kevin
Site Admin

Return to Game & Virtual Spaces Forum