Finishing my DesignWorkshop models...NEW Piranesi 4

Discuss DesignWorkshop design-oriented 3D CAD and associated CAD and architectural rendering and design media topics. Moderated by the Artifice support team.

Finishing my DesignWorkshop models...NEW Piranesi 4

Postby Jeff Morgan » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:26 am

Hey all,

Many of us use DesignWorkshop Pro for our modeling, Art*lantis or another rendering program for our photorealistic rendering, and finish our renderings with Piranesi. I've been on the Beta Test team with Piranesi 4 and thought that many of you might want to take a look at what new features the Piranesi team has included this time around. Hope it is useful to you.

See ya,

Jeff Morgan
VisionJem Architectural Illustrating

Here ya go...

http://www.informatix.co.uk/news.shtml#p4coming

Piranesi 4 is coming!

(Buy Piranesi 3 now and get a free upgrade to Piranesi 4)

Informatix Software International Limited is proud to announce that version 4 of Piranesi® - its award-winning '3D painting' technology - will soon be released. With Piranesi, designers can start with simple models and renderings, and quickly fill in details and create hand-drawn effects.

One of the most popular features of Piranesi is its ability to place 2D cutouts (elements of scenery, such as people or vegetation) into a scene, with automatic sizing and masking. With Piranesi 4, you can now place 3D models in your painting environment as 3D cutouts. These 3D cutouts can be viewed from any angle, ready for further rendering as required. 3D models suitable for use as Piranesi cutouts are available from an increasing range of sources - such as those available free on the internet from furniture manufacturers. 3DS, SketchUp, and DXF formats can all be used, and support for Archvision RPC models has been upgraded to give access to their latest models including 3D cars. New techniques for 'tweaking' and assembling cutouts have been introduced, along with 3D text.

A lot of care has gone into making Piranesi 4 even easier and quicker to use. A new tool manager organises commonly used panels in a way that provides ready access whilst maximising the area of the screen available for painting work. Views can be zoomed by any factor, to obtain optimum use of screen and paper media. Experienced users will enjoy the new user-definable keyboard shortcuts. Beginners will welcome the range of written and movie tutorials, especially the new 'Quick Start' tutorial.

Piranesi 4 contains a wide range of new effects. Piranesi is often used for interior or night time scenes, and new illumination fades allow spot or strip lighting to be easily mimicked. There are seven new filters to refine an image, and even the basics of painting with a brush have been extended - there's a new bristle brush, and brush dynamics which introduce selected random elements into the stroke to increase the 'hand painted' effect. Altogether over 100 enhancements have been made in Piranesi 4, many in direct response to user requests.

Last but by no means least, over 300 new cutout and texture images have been added to the thousands already available in Piranesi's library, plus new 3D sample models created by Archvision, SketchUp, and MicroGDS.

Piranesi 4 for Windows is in final test and is expected to be on sale in September 2004.[url][/url]
Jeff Morgan

Postby Kevin » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:04 pm

Jeff, thanks for giving it some context here on the re-post.
Kevin
Site Admin

Postby Jeff Morgan » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:27 am

Hey all,

I am posting to just let DW users know that Piranesi 4 is now released! You can see the features from the original message I posted below. Here is the link to the Piranesi 4 web site: http://www.informatix.co.uk/piranesi/

See ya,

Jeff Morgan
Architectural Illustrator
VisionJem

Is it possible to know God personally?
Check out: http://www.visionjem.com/knowingGod.htm
Jeff Morgan

Postby Luc Trudeau » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:30 am

Hello everybody,

Jeff, I have visited your website, and I like very much your illustrations.
I would like to know if you use DW for modeling.

Also, what would be your first choice for finishing architectural and furniture design, if you had to buy only one rendering software.

I have DW classic. Would it be a good idea to upgrade it to the pro version and access to radiance tool for rendering purpose?

Thank you in advance.

Luc Trudeau
architect
Luc Trudeau

Postby Jeff Morgan » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:26 am

Hey Luc,

Thanks for the kind comments. I do use DW Pro for most of my modeling. I am not very up-to-date on the latest and greatest, so I would be hard pressed to give you a recommendation on what would be bessed for "finishing architectural and furniture designs if I had to buy only one". I use DW Pro for modeling, Art*lantis for rendering, and Piranesi for finishing. As for changing up to Pro from Classic...I don't remember what the differences are. However, you can check a comparison at: http://www.artifice.com/cgi-bin/clk?/dw/dw_family.html

See ya,

Jeff Morgan
VisionJem Architectural Illustrating
http://www.visionjem.com

Is it possible to know God personally?
Check out:http://www.visionjem.com/knowingGod.htm
Jeff Morgan

Postby Luc Trudeau » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:11 pm

Jeff, thank you for your reply,

but I can't figure out what is the main difference between rendering and finishing. Could you give me one example? Do you think that Piranesi, you are talking about, can do both?
(I want to buy only one software...)

Thanks again!

Luc
Luc Trudeau

Postby Andrea » Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:14 pm

Jeff -

4? I must really be out of touch with the latest! Sounds great! Hopefully 4 for the Mac will be coming soon. I haven't heard from those guys in a while.

Andrea
Andrea

Return to DesignWorkshop Discussion