Help with arches

Discuss DesignWorkshop design-oriented 3D CAD and associated CAD and architectural rendering and design media topics. Moderated by the Artifice support team.

Help with arches

Postby Wester » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:40 pm

Howdy,

I just need to know if there is a good way to do arched openings, arched soldier course. It mentions something about arches in the online manual, but I can't seem to find the page.

Thanks
Wester

Arches in DesignWorkshop...

Postby Jeff Morgan » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:34 pm

Hey there. I create arch pieces using the Polyline Tool. I typically have an elevation drawing in place that I can use as a template and just traces out the part. Then I'll space jump to a corner and extrude the closed polyline into an object. If you don't have a drawing that you are using as a template you could create a circle to use as your guide. You can also create an arched opening with the Poly-Opening Tool in like manner.

You can use the Snap to Handle Tool to help your tracing follow the guide you end up using. I usually just trace it out quicly by eye and then make slight adjustments in the finished shape. It is much easier to make and adjustments or corrections in the polyline shape BEFORE you extrude it up into an object.

Hope that helps!

See ya,

Jeff Morgan
VisionJem Architectural Illustrating
http://www.visionjem.com

Is it possible to know God personally?
Check out: http://www.visionjem.com/knowingGod.htm
Jeff Morgan

Return to DesignWorkshop Discussion