Selecting Objects

Discuss DesignWorkshop design-oriented 3D CAD and associated CAD and architectural rendering and design media topics. Moderated by the Artifice support team.

Selecting Objects

Postby shorty » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:47 pm

Help. I'm new to Design Workshop (Lite)
When there are several overlapping objects, I cannot select any but the first one created.

Help facility says I should be able to cycle through overlapping objects by pressing Shift or Alt key while left clicking on objects, thereby cycling through all that the arrow points at.
But for me, one and only one object, the first one, is selectable.

What am I doing wrong?
shorty

Postby David Owen » Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:08 pm

Object selection is normally consistent in DesignWorkshop. Though,
the rules for object selection may not be immediately obvious.

Using the Selection tool (Arrow tool) in the tool palette, you can
select any object clicking once, anywhere on the object. If an object
is located behind another object in a given view, clicking once will
select the first object, each subsequent click will select the next
object behind the first.

There's no need to hold down any other keys. In fact, holding the Shift key lets you add new objects to the current selection.

If you continue to have difficulty selecting an object located behind or within another (eg. a window or door frame in a wall), you can select and hide the first object (Arrange -> Hide Objects menu command). Or you can use the Eye and Look tools to position the view so that it's easier to select the object you're interested in.
David Owen

Return to DesignWorkshop Discussion