2D/3D computer program help

Discuss DesignWorkshop design-oriented 3D CAD and associated CAD and architectural rendering and design media topics. Moderated by the Artifice support team.

2D/3D computer program help

Postby drickert » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:33 pm

Hi- I am 43yrs old, own my own concrete construction business and have just recently graduated from a course in interior design (my true passion). I would like to explore further into 2D or 3D programs that are simple to use (I have computer experience, but no CAD experience), not too expensive and could help me show my clients how their rooms will look when completed. I'm new at all this and would appreciate any imput. Thank you.
drickert

Do it

Postby Rick65000 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:35 pm

Down load the free version of design workshop and I'd even recommend buying the classic version but if you are going to spend more buy strata. DW has been developmentally idle since 1998.

I never bought the pro version but in the classic which is the version that I've been using and is the version that I will be using for a long time there isn't even a redo function. If you are a mac user you have to use it in classic and if you are a windows user you really aren't using a an XP level piece of software.

Seriously it's time to release the code to open source over $400.00 for a program that hasn't been updated in more than 5 years is really unreasonable.

DW is very coo,l and it really got me started in 3D but they just stopped developing it, and other products have shot way ("way") past them for about the same price.
Rick65000

Return to DesignWorkshop Discussion