ArchWeek - House by Lloyd House

Discuss all kinds of home design and building, residential remodeling, and related topics.

ArchWeek - House by Lloyd House

Postby Kevin Matthews » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:24 pm

<i>Discussion related to this <a href="http://www.ArchitectureWeek.com/today.html">ArchitectureWeek</a> story:</i><br>
<p>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=JavaScript src="http://www.ArchitectureWeek.com/2010/0106/building_1-1.float.js">
</SCRIPT>
Kevin Matthews

Postby Damon Design » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:08 pm

Wow! I'm with ya.
That is a gorgeous, pure, building. It looks like it is at once a temple, yet also comfortably settling into the landscape. The organic surfaces are wonderful; inverted, softly curving battered walls, the "melting" roof and the strong composition of solid and void.

I bet you'd get a lot of "huh?!" responses from contractors trying to bid that building out haha.

Thanks for sharing.

T
Damon Design

that looks sustainable...

Postby O-Archy » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:23 pm

Terrific and innovative- site driven and client specific...
Perhaps best understood as a real world cottage from the Shire (Lord of the Rings)
Tragic that it burned.
Thanks Kevin!
O-Archy

Return to Residential Design and Building Forum