Pro-active Moderation

This forum is for DesignCommunity forum suggestions and discussion of community administration issues. Post questions about forum posting guidelines here.

Pro-active Moderation

Postby lekizz » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:23 pm

Any chance of some proactive moderation in the main forums? Many threads seem to be deteriorating into childish (often aggressive) bickering, or repeatedly hijacked by one-issue contributors. It is becoming embarassing!

Shouldn't there be some intervention by the people/person who run this site?
lekizz
millennium club

Postby Kevin » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:25 pm

Thanks for the note. It's really helpful to hear how folks are feeling about things - and we'll do our best to respond appropriately!
Kevin
Site Admin

Postby lekizz » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:01 pm

Would you believe they are at it again!!!
lekizz
millennium club

Postby lekizz » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:03 pm

Haha, I like the new 'chamber', very drole :wink:
lekizz
millennium club

Postby usarender » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:35 pm

This forum is full of rude people as this PC who have been treating others with contempt and in a very disrespectful manner and nothing is really done about these members. Instead, a very prolific, outspoken, positive member who desires to contribute to the forum is continuously harassed.

After a month of peace and quiet a forum member suddenly came back to harass me when I was only trying to help the forum become a better place, more equal and just for all ? Then Lekittz jumps in to judge me, report a supposed fight he has seen and say we are "back at it again" ? In no way was I harassing this PC nor was I arguing with him, we had more then a month of peace and quiet ! He suddenly came back to harass me ! And Lekittz claims I was the one who made the first post in architectural history on that day (last Sunday), that aroused PC. This is not true. I made a post there AFTER PC came back and started to attack me in all the recent posts in the community, turning every one of my posts into a mocking ground and scoffing/slandering me, again, after more then a month of peace and quiet !

I was dedicating many many hours to place well composed topics to help others in their posts, doing research and thinking much on several topics and many of my posts were being very much appreciated by various members. Suddenly some ill intended individuals start harassing me, creating lies and creating problems for me.

Nobody was bothering this member PC. After a month of peace and quiet he suddenly came back and started attacking me, with false accusations and hijacking my every post.

This now is very unfair treatment to me, on top of the harassment I have received on the part of these forum members.

In my lastest efforts, I have attempting to protect the forum and am denouncing the behavior of this ill intented individual who proceeded to harass every latest post/thread in the forum and bring accusations into threads that were un-related to his grievances and complaints.

I, as any forum member deserve fair treatment.

Many have recognized my posts and well elaborated topics as one of most creative writers and prolific contributors. I have always proceeded to help forum members in their topics, as in the topic by the Natural Law Student, or when other forum members are needing help, am always there to help them. To not recognize this is lack of gratitude to most productive members who spend hundreds of hours helping others in the community, doing research, helping them with their topics

If this forum is to become a better place for all designers and architects, members who are neither of the two should not be allowed to bully around professionals and treat them with contempt.

Next, action should only be taken once members are properly warned and ample opportunity is given them to either come up with an explanation for what is going on, change their behavior. Simply to throw out the baby with the bathtub is not the solution. If PC was harassing me, again, why should now the finger be pointed at someone who is only trying to help others and better this community, by helping in any way possible for it to be fair and just for all ?

There are many who are enjoying my posts and now should I continue to be treated in this unjust manner by this PC and why should I continue being harassed by unfair unjust members bent on destroying other forum members and simply say nothing ?

-Threads such as "Let us tell who we are" and "what happened to this great forum", completely unrelated to architecture, created solely to destroy the image of others, were left unabated to harass and denigrate my image, remaining in the architecture forum for months, although totally unrelated. This PC created a total of 3 special threads intended solely to denigrate and completely unrelated to the architecture forum. Why should threads allowing members harassing other members to remain on the posts in the architecture forum for such a long period of time, in the posts they create solely for such a purpose as to harass another forum member? (Only recently they were moved to more appropriate sections I noticed. But the damage had already been done by their remaining in the architecture forum for many months). Why allow such individuals to ridicule and damage one of the most prolific, innovative, respected and participative writers on the forum, who has sought for the betterment of the same, and also contributed toward many visits in very popular posts ?

Wny give popularity and credit to these people, after all the harm they are doing ? Why such partiality on the part of apathetic members?

-Further, hundreds of junk posts/posters remain unchecked, including ones on female homosexuals and the like....

And why, such as the topic on the Silver Screen, created by this PC, there seems to be no limit to the amount of images he can upload, while some of us try to upload images, and the system has placed a 2MB limit, while this PC goes on to upload hundreds of images into his gallery?
usarender
millennium club

Postby usarender » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:20 pm

And this link below, created by PC, unrelated to the Architecture Forum, where he proceeded so harass and slander as well, should it not be in the Echo Forum, rather then in the Architecture Forum ? --->>

http://www.designcommunity.com/forums/t ... 326-0.html
usarender
millennium club

Postby lekizz » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:15 am

Surely not. "What has happened to this great site" (http://www.designcommunity.com/forums/topic-17326-0.html) was actually quite interesting, positive and entertaining until the last few pages. That is simply my own humble opinion of course. And as the originator of this thread it would be nice to think I could offer an opinion without being lambasted yet again, or my name misspelt :roll:

A far better example would be this one, commenced a few days ago. The timing makes its intentions fairly evident. Though fortunately the response has been quite restrained.

http://www.designcommunity.com/forums/post-3270943.html
lekizz
millennium club

topic completely unrelated to Architecture Forum

Postby usarender » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:38 pm

Lekitz, Le kids, is now trying to pick a fight. Very convenient Lekitz.

The topic "What happened to This Great Site" is completely unrelated to architecture, and contrary to what you claim, the other post is completely related to the New Structures forum.
usarender
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:38 am

lekizz I hope you understand why I replied in --- well there are so many treads, but as there began complains about your name and you maybe didn't want to read these treads, then my action was more to tell you , how you obviously was dragged into this wierd land only becaurse you has stated your oppinion.

Beliver me I find these treads so childish and it is a poor win, that they sometimes can be entertaining , and realy I do not want to complain ; Designcommunity allway's been fair ,even I must agrea sometimes a bit abrubt but I compleatly understand.

For me and the reson these treads continue, the reson is that one shuld be allowed to protect his profesional works. No one shuld be able to use such fora to undermine others profesional works --- and in particualr not on the grounds stated , even sometimes eddited , but when you lekizz, dare comment then you shuld not be dragged into oblivian into .... well english is not my first language but there are danish words for it.

What can I say , this monkey outside my door won't go, when I drink Gin the monkey drink Gin to, when I pretend drunk the monkey pretend drunk to, when I get banned the monkey get banned to --- and that I fully accept as I want this sharade to stop to.
P.C.
millennium club

Postby lekizz » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:22 pm

Yes, I'm sure there are some good Danish words for it. I can see there are some strong Portuguese words too :roll:

Thanks for the comment. I can see you have tried to give some wise advice to the monkey at times, and instead it has thrown some bigger coconuts. Well, life goes on, eh, I will not let one spoilt ape stop me from enjoying the other exotic animals at the zoo :wink:
lekizz
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:17 pm

Guess that apply to all arts ; when the unique and newer before seen is not instantly reconised as something we can't know. "What's the "reson for that smile." "Well if you can't explain that smile you are not an artist , not even an inventor or a newthinking" . "maybe you can paint a picture but I say it is an ugly one".

Now did you know how much english rely on danish ,not portuguise ?
Almost each second word has danish origine we know english deeper, then than thoum englandrs dhemself ; Strong is not weak words don't has pover caurse their origine, but english, that's bad danish.
P.C.
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:51 pm

With millions of new people , with an accelerating need for cheap sound housing, new jobs and an idear with the digital, other than enslaving it to support the aincient methods, those we mechanised allready and has reached it's limits, it sorrow me, how such important issues, are turned into a issue about being the least clever, not much care for mankind realy, that is not the drive . "What shuld I care, I just paint a painting". that's english for get off my back.
Finaly I learned what discussions is about .
P.C.
millennium club

Postby lekizz » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:39 pm

Well, whatever action has (or has not) been taken, the place certainly seems to be returning to its pleasant, helpful and constructive normality. Thanks, if thanks are due, Kevin!
lekizz
millennium club

Return to DesignCommunity Discussion